Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Oh hai!

So, I have decided to come snivelling back to the blog land of happy people. I've missed you all, I really have.

Things have settled down sufficiently for me to feel like I can maintain one of these again (a blog). However, I haven't visited you all for the longest of times, so I expect there will have been some changes. Will things still be sort of the same? I hope so.

So, where to begin? Domestic bliss is hilarious most of the time. The Beastmaster (his nickname before he met me - actually one of his many nicknames) is a sweetheart. Just like so many fallen Havershams before me, I didn't think I would meet someone like him. And all this time, he was within a ten minute walk from me. We speculate about crossing paths every down at the local shops, but I honestly don't think we did. I'm pretty sure I would have remembered him.

He's adopted Peecat and accepts the fact that she will wash herself with disgust after he picks her up. Everytime. He also accepts the fact that she will always mark his side of the bed after he gets up of a morning. She wallows all over anywhere he's been. But she's a damaged kitteh, as you may recall, so for her to be so comfortable with A Beast says very good things about him.

What else? It's all very suburban and trivial and I love it (life, that is). We're painting my unit (tee hee) so we can sell it. We're going to buy a house together next year. We need somewhere that:

a) Doesn't require us to pay money to a lazy body corporate
and
b) Doesn't have a nosy, evil neighbour

Yes, we have an actual Haversham next door. I sort of waved/death stared at her this afternoon. She only talks to us to complain about noises in the pipes. Then she ignores us as she sends in written complaints about Pee. Ok, ok, so we're not supposed to have any of the below:

a cat
a dog
a fish
a rat
any insects (yes, it's part of the list, so I'd say the bogans across the way are pretty French Connectioned UK'd because of my suspicions that they have a roach problem)
or
a bird.

Basically, according to Beastmaster, no organisms that breed except for humans. Now, here's the catch. Pee is inside the whole time. Like, for the last three months she's not felt the grass between her teeny toes. Mainly because I was initially afraid Cruella (evil neighbour) might bait her, but now I am just imagining her running around with my cat's pelt over her face after she's skinned my Furbaby alive.

She's apt to do it too, one night after I close a window she went all Elin Nordegren on us. Yes. I just closed a window - not throw a party or have wild sex with ten different hookers, pretty much just shut a window, she went apeshit with what sounded like a golf club (or I could just have Tiger Woods on the brain right now - but it did sound metallic) against our shared wall.

I love how this post is already sounding dated and stupid with topical events. Ahh.

Ok, time for Iron Chef and Dexter. Gotsta go. I'll publish this soon and do my linky thing...

Smell you later!

10 comments:

  1. Smug married bliss! It's ok, isn't it (said in a devil-may-care attitude, as if it's the most natural thing in the world, not questioning the virtues and pitfalls of having a significant other. Gah! Stop me now - I'm sounding like a real Smug Married! Which I am, kind of... The novelty still hasn't totally worn off). Anyway:

    I'm so glad you're back. We've missed you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been mulling over coming back, and tonight just thought bugger it all, the coven is too awesome not to be a part of!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coven … UNIT!

    *imagines us all doing that superhero group 'hands-in' thingy*

    I think you need to round up some stray kittehs and post them through that woman's letterbox. And I mean the one-eyed crazy kind of strays.

    BAM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!

    Missed you. I'm happy you are happy.

    I'm also fairly jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tim - I would but I suspect she enjoys it. Maybe I just need to get the coven to help me cut off her stem cell supply. By all reports, this how This Particular Haversham receives her sustenance.

    MJ - Uh huh, most of the moving and smugging is over, so I really don't have an excuse to not be here.

    Petra - Thanks babe, but don't be too jealous. With domestic bliss comes a level of comfortability which leads me to just exclaim "gross!" and "ewwwww" a lot. The flip side? I get to be gross too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hurrah! I'm so so happy, both for you and because you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back! Sounds like life has been going great for you, full of wonderful surprises.

    It's great to hear you're in a happy place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like him not shutting the door when he uses the loo?

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! I can't believe I wrote UNIT instead of UNITE!!

    *snigger*

    ReplyDelete